Sunday, February 12, 2006

Happy birthday, old man!


On Thursday Matt will turn 4 days older than he is now, and to celebrate that fact, we had people over last night for food, drinks, food, conversation and food. It was a great evening, filled with laughter. The centre of attention was unquestionably 3 3/4-year-old Maya, who held an imaginary tea party picnic in the middle of the living room and invited us all to join her in eating imaginary macaroni, pasta salad, garlic salad, hot dogs, sausages and sushi, and some real chips, if we were so inclined. The tea party was broken up when our hostess decided to take a nap, but she was up again in a few minutes to demonstrate her prowess at the forward somersault.

Sharon came out from the mainland, which was awesome, and we took turns holding baby Liam, but she decided that that was enough baby contact to keep her happy for a while, and I decided that the dog was still marginally better. Shadow also did very well at the party - she wasn't too bratty, and she left the kids alone. Everyone got to do what they loved best. Gavin examined my fish and was delighted to anounce that it was pregnant, Irf pranked Maya, Ian got to chat with pretty Sharon about art, and Matt got to be showered with attention, beer and cake.

Later in the evening we watched season three of Red Dwarf, which included a theme-song sing-a-long. We had intended to eat Red Dwarf themed food, but everyone was so stuffed at that point that the humous, Space Weevil and Triple Fried Egg Chili Chutney Sarnies stayed in the fridge, possibly to be consumed tonight instead.

I'm glad that everyone came out and had fun, and I'm even gladder that I figured out how to get pictures from Matt's camera to my computer so that I could show them off!


Filed under: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger m0nkey said...

I believe it was macaroni salad (not just macaroni)

I was disappointed there was no salad salad.

6:59 a.m.  
Blogger m0nkey said...

Do you point at the pregnant fish and say "hahaha, you twit"? 'cuz I would.

7:01 a.m.  
Blogger m0nkey said...

I am disappointed that there was no mention of the spoon-shaped chips. sideways frowny face

7:41 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home