Oh, to knit a kitty cosy!

I drive an aqua blue 1996 Ford Contour, a fairly handsome car when it's clean. I like it because I think it matches me fairly well, even though it's a second-hand car, so I didn't have a lot of choice about it. It zooms when I want it to zoom, it has a comfy front passenger seat, the back has room for the tons of animals I've put in it (at my last count, it has held a cat, 2 dogs, fish, 11 ducks, 2 pigeons, 4 seagulls, 1 fawn and a harbour seal pup, although of course not all at once. And just a note - you haven't experienced the meaning of disgusting until you've shared a car with a carsick seagull). Its engine is next-to-impossible to figure out, which Matt hates and my mechanic loves, but hey, I've occasionally been told I'm impossible too!
Apparently the body of the Contour is what Ford modelled the newer Jaguars on, which I can see, because the shape of the hood always reminded me of a cat. I've always just been happy to know that, but today I saw this photo from somewhere on Flikr and now I wish I had a real Jag - or at least the hood ornament, so that I could do that to it. Isn't that an awesome use of knitting?
Filed under: internet, knitting, life

4 Comments:
Holy snike, you updated!
I never thought I'd see the day when someone defaced the jag hood ornament. but now that i have, i have to come up with something else that i might not live to see.
instead of just a hood ornament, you could do the whole car -- what a project. one that would rival this: http://www.garnersclassics.com/pics/dumb/thecar.gif
snike?
Also, I should probably point this out before someone beats me to it and makes it look like I don't know what I'm talking about.
The hood ornament with the sweater? It's not a jaguar. It's actually a greyhound. Apparently it's an ornament that was put on some Ford Lincolns back in the 1930's.
But seeing as my car is an almost-Jag, if I were to have ANY ornament, I guess it would be a jaguar.
/clarification
snike - (sch-ny-kee)
used as excalamation Holy snike!
origin: learning french book which featured snike as a nike knock off
Post a Comment
<< Home